Our work tells our story
Not just talking about it, but doing it! As a team, but with your own responsibilities and freedom that comes with the job. Every day new things to learn in complex online and mobile projects and solutions for (inter)national clients like Rabobank, Knab, Cembra Money Bank, Crédit Agricole Consumer Finance, Aruba Bank, Achmea and Unirobe Meeùs Groep. The world that our clients live in changes rapidly. Through digital improvements we make sure our clients stay ahead and in control of these changes.
The apps that we develop are not nine days’ wonders. Our clients have a large customer base that uses our apps on a daily basis. Robustness, structure and performance are of key importance. We develop long-term solutions that are complex, and this is exactly what you are looking for! You have the talent and the experience that’s needed to develop an architecture for distinctive apps for iOS and Android platforms. You support clients like Knab, Aruba Bank and Van Lanschot to optimize the use of mobile apps for their customers. Already back in 2014, we helped launching ‘Knab Social’, providing the opportunity to transfer money via a mobile phone number or a Facebook account. A perfect example of our innovation skills, as Virtual Affairs was responsible for the architecture and the development of this functionality. During our projects, you will work in an agile, scrum based environment. This means that you are not working for the client but closely collaborate with them in order to provide business value.
A mobile architect at Virtual Affairs is a generic expert. You know a lot of many things and nothing stays unnoticed. Not only will you pay close attention to mobile trends, technology and development aspects, you also have a strong vision of your own. Based on your knowledge and experience, you easily make decisions, with your colleagues and for our clients. You are a central point of knowledge and information and know how to bring your vision in a convincing way. Clients, developers or UX-ers, for you it doesn’t matter as you are able to speak their language. Flexibility and being able to support multiple mobile projects at once are for you not a problem. Within the mobile competence, you act as the spider in the web. You innovate, collaborate and delegate if needed. You prepare work packages, support and guide the developers and provide quality assurance in order to deliver the expected quality. You also support our sales people in new pitches and client engagements as a trusted advisor and domain expert. You are the one that will get the mobile competence within Virtual Affairs to even a higher standard. You are actively engaged in optimizing our app development efforts, including continuous integration, automated testing and test driven development.
You are passionate about working with apps and complex architectures. What seems easy on a screen is a completely different story on the back-end. Complex systems, processes, security and high performance requirements? This doesn’t scare you, on the contrary! You like being challenged and are not afraid to question decisions or discuss why these were made. Improvements and enhancements are proactively identified and implemented and quality of work is of great importance to you.
Additional for the profile:
- A minimum of three years of experience with mobile projects as a consultant, architect and/or developer;
- You know what is required when developing complex mobile solutions, addressing risks, performance, security and integration aspects;
- You are able to advice the best solution when we discuss native apps, platform development, web apps and html5-apps;
- You can work with external API’s and you understand the complexity;
- You have a clear architecture vision and can explain why this is of importance to our clients, our solutions and to yourself;
- You have know-how of and hands-on experience with integrating SDK’s for mobile platforms. You know what the possibilities and challenges are in this area;
- You have know-how of popular third party frameworks for a variety of platforms;
- You are solutions-oriented, can rapidly switch between projects and know how to respond to a variety of questions from clients in a professional manner;
- You have experience in setting up continuous integration and automated testing of apps;
- A broad knowledge of and interest in information technology is an advantage.
There are no secrets in today’s world of retail banking, wealth management, internet banking, financial planning and insurance. We know which online interaction concepts work, which technologies have proven themselves and how users act digitally. At Virtual Affairs we employ curious, enthusiastic and committed people who are experts in their field of work. They love to keep up with the latest developments in online and mobile technologies, user concepts and customer journeys. Freedom and independence are important within our company. At Virtual Affairs, you don’t work from 9 till 5, you sort out your own workday. Every day we strive together to innovate and provide tangible business value to our broad range of clients.